« Al Franken returns to cable's Fern Channel | Main | David Brock on Al Franken Show open thread »

June 07, 2005

Reclusive millionaire behind WCPT AM 850 (Air America Chicago)

A reclusive Chicago millionaire, Fred Eychaner, is the owner of Air America's "Chicago" outlet, WCPT AM 850. (It's actually 50 miles outside Chitown, but what the hey).

The Tribune has a profile here. Unlike other reclusive millionaires, he apparently doesn't save his urine in jars. However, he is described as extremely frugal, including driving a Ford Escort. That's despite his foundation having $141 million and him being in the top 20 of Democratic donors.

Posted in Meta at June 7, 2005 04:06 PM

Comments

It's the right wingers of McHenry & Lake counties that need this voice. So, I hope it helps a little.

Posted by: stephen w. dember at July 15, 2005 10:03 PM

I save my urine in jars. Rick Santorum likes to bathe in it.

Posted by: The Fang at August 3, 2005 11:37 AM

I noticed you cannot post ONE POSITIVE thing. This must be a CONSERVATIVE TRAIT! HATE, HATE, HATE! Now that you have that, why not respond to this message with an INSULT from the RNC HOTLINE at 1-800-INSULTS. I can hardly wait for your INSULTING reply.

Posted by: FIRST LAST at August 7, 2005 05:57 PM

Yes its hate,we hate the infidels and gays.Looks like god destroyed the land of sin new orleans.praise jesus.

Posted by: proud republican at September 12, 2005 04:41 AM

Can someone tell me what happened to the license, and what's being done about it?

Posted by: Kit Duffy at November 4, 2005 12:58 PM

Once again it is proven that those who beligerently praise Jesus
are the ones who least act like him.... which was his message wasn't it?
Which according to the forefathers, shouldn't have a rats bum to do with the politics of this country.
I act more like Jesus than you and I am a Pagan!
I am also definitely not a RepubliCANT
Grow up and feed on truth.
Hate as an action is uncouth, as an emotion it is an instinct.
Deciet, selfishness, is something completely different and should be met with contempt, by any person striving for truth... therefore having contempt towards an ignorant republiCANT isnt a band thing.
Let the Liberals and Democrats speak then we have a real platform to base our truths from....
What is your news source , corporate funded CNN?

Posted by: hotstuff at December 14, 2005 05:02 AM

Put Air America Radio on the 3 FM stations that now carry "Nine-FM". Nine-FM has fewer listeners than WCPT am850 does and would have better coverage of the Chicago area.

Posted by: William Hassig at May 5, 2006 10:23 AM

It is about time that we have real information instead of the spew that comes from all radio and TV across america.

Hotstuff...u r right on man. You forgot the Spin only zone FOX. Actually, now it seems all news is more like entertainment tonight. No real news, no real information. Those Neo-Cons seem to own everything...

William...I am with you...I am far south and the sound quality is very bad..thank God for the internet

Posted by: Ignacio D. Fresas at May 24, 2006 05:30 AM

I got yer 50 Miles Out of "Chitown" right here, you loser.

Posted by: HRC at June 29, 2006 11:19 AM