« Even Mike Malloy has his good points, right? | Main | NYT: "Bronx Boys Club's Finances Investigated" »

August 08, 2005

What about Big Ed Schultz?

Is he a VRWC plant like some say over at DU? Or, is he now a committed liberal? Say something nice about the left's answer to Rush.

Posted in Ed Schultz at August 8, 2005 09:29 AM

Comments

He never let his failure as a sports-guy interfere with his becoming a failure as an ignorant blowhard talk radio host.

Posted by: Dave at August 8, 2005 10:27 AM

He isn't Al Franken.

Posted by: Matt at August 8, 2005 10:43 AM

Eddie's actually good.

Posted by: TC@LeatherPenguin at August 8, 2005 10:49 AM

He's just warming up the seat for Keith Olberman

Posted by: Jack Tanner at August 8, 2005 11:21 AM

He's the best right wing trained, liberal talker out there

Posted by: Randi_Sucks at August 8, 2005 11:46 AM

He sounds even better off the air.

Posted by: Sam at August 8, 2005 04:57 PM

Well, come to think of it, folksy Ed does have a constituency among liberal white-trash Red Staters. In fact I think that is Air America's new target audience. Maybe they ought to bring in Willie Nelson, Anna Nicole Smith and Linda Ronstadt to round off the line-up.

Posted by: Lee at August 8, 2005 09:25 PM

Remember, Big Dumb Eddie broadcasts out of....FARGO. I went to school across the river, in Moorhead, for a few years. Fargo is just another word for "inbred chimps". And Big Dumb Eddie fits right in.

Posted by: Dave at August 9, 2005 06:26 AM

Mr. Schultz is to be commended for those cartoons he did for all those years with the beagle and the little yellow bird, although I have always been a little perplexed by the appearance of the beagle--I have honestly never seen a beagle that looks anything like that one, and I suspect that he really intended to draw a short-haired pomeranian or pehaps a beagle/cairn terrier mix. I have seen beagle/terrier halfbreeds that look a little bit like Mr. Schultz's dog. Has he got a radio show now? And can we say nice things about Chuck D next? I mean, he's pretty annoying when he's got that big alarm clock hanging around his neck, but otherwise he seems like an excellent role model for children.

Posted by: Barney Rubble at August 10, 2005 08:40 PM

BoreAmerica.com truly lives up to its name! Four threads in a row devoted to getting pleasant compliments for AAR hosts out of a group of folks widely considered to be slightly less pleasant than a barrel of tom cats in rut. Boring, boring, boring. No wonder all the comments are as boring as this one--the seeds of conversation are mindnumbingly dull! Furthermore, you are all a great herd of dullards, and if you've read this far I'd go so far as to encourage you to cut out a big paper star (use the kiddie scissors), get someone to write "DUMMY" on the star, and then tape the ragged thing to your forehead before you leave for your job today, assuming you've fooled someone into hiring you and you aren't sitting on your obese ass wishing you weren't too lazy to apply for those unemployment benefits you keep hearing your liberal friends talking about. And if you're still reading this, that's great because you probably need the practice.

Posted by: boring at August 10, 2005 09:38 PM

I guess we've been put in our place by a member of the left-wing elite. All those big words Boring used boggles my mind!

Posted by: Lee at August 11, 2005 09:07 AM

Oh, hi there Lee! Tried to keep 'em under 3 syllables for you, you drooling monkey. Oh yeah, "unemployment," but that ought to be self-explanatory for a Conservative. So tell me, Mr. Lee McBoggles, you spend much time working out that response? Because it shows. You really didn't have to spend all that time on lil ol' me though--I am so flattered. By the way--you officially lost the right to call folks "elite" when you started barking about "white trash." But then, no one throws the word "elite" around so blindly as an elitist.

Posted by: boring at August 11, 2005 01:55 PM

Dear Boring,
I'm adding you to my prayer chain.

Posted by: Lee at August 11, 2005 05:44 PM

Thank you so much Lee, and I will in turn continue to pray that you and your loved ones are welcomed into heaven. However, (and this is very important because you are my brother and I will always love you, despite your shameless stupidity and arrogance, as I have always loved our gracious Lord Jesus) here's a request: before you pray for little ol' me, take the lessons of Matthew 25:31-45 to heart and repent. Unless of course you were addressing that prayer chain to the adversary (and by "adversary" I mean Satan, for all you clueless eavesdropping "left wing elite" and "liberal white trash" heathens). In that event, I shall pray that my Lord finds a measure of mercy for your condemned soul.

Posted by: boring` at August 12, 2005 03:12 PM

Ed Schultz is no plant, but I'd bet he's an opportunist.

He knew that he could never get out of Fargo working as a conservative - the market's too crowded, and he didn't stand out from a crowd that included Limbaugh, Hewitt, Medved, Savage, Hannity... So he flipped. He saw an open market and me moved into it.

Planty like a fox. And it's working for him. Remember - radio is not ideology. It's a business.

Posted by: M at August 12, 2005 04:41 PM

Dear Boring,
"OFF THEE TO A NUNNERY"!!

P.S. And it's Mrs. Lee, please.

Posted by: Lee at August 13, 2005 08:18 AM

M....Your comments are insightful. Ed recently had Sen.KKK Byrd on his show. No one in his right mind would host that dementia tinged political hack unless it was to keep his ratings with the Democrats. I would like to see Ed book a left-wing Elvis invoker. I think it would appeal to both the liberal white trash and elite demographics and make his ratings soar!

Posted by: (Mrs.) Lee at August 13, 2005 08:55 AM