« Inside Bunker Garofalo | Main | Al Franken serviced by Portland Tribune, St. Petersburg Times »

November 06, 2005

Marc Maron cancellation: just a practical joke

It's unfortunate to see so many people getting so excited about the so-called "cancellation" of Marc Maron of Morning Sedition. Here's Marc "Crispin" Miller, here's the DUmmies, and here's a petition.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a publicity stunt and/or practical joke. While it's interesting to see more than 3000 signatories to the petition, I wonder how many of them are coming from inside Air America themselves, just trying to gin up some controversy. Oddly enough, unlike other online petitions, I don't see too many fake signatures, and the last thing I want to encourage anyone to do is to go over there and leave a few salient remarks about AAR. No, sirree!

I'd suggest just ignoring this desperate attempt at attention. Don't give Air America Radio what they want.

Posted in AlsoRans at November 6, 2005 02:21 PM

Comments

I live next door to someone who works for Morning Sedition. Maron's departure is very real. As is your stupidity

Posted by: Ingrid NYC at November 6, 2005 04:16 PM

If you leave politics out of it, the MS show is genius in the mode of Seinfeld, SCTV, or better yet, something that has never existed before. That's why it would be a shame to see it go.

Posted by: Webster Hubble Telescope at November 6, 2005 07:25 PM

If I'm wrong about this - and there is that possibility - will we really have lost that much? Wouldn't this just free Marc up to work on his comedy act? Wouldn't that be what's best for all?

Posted by: BA at November 7, 2005 01:50 PM

Morning Sedition is really a great show. It is fresh and funny and Marc and Mark give the show a nice balance. I hope you hear it a few times before Dec 1. And maybe you will start to understand how your right wing nut jobs that are running the country are ruining everything we stand for. I spent 8 years in the military and I did it to defend the rights in our Constitution and Bill of Rights not so that they can be flush down the toilet in Getmo.

Posted by: andyt at November 11, 2005 12:58 AM

"Practical joke" huh, slick?

Not so much, it turns out.

Posted by: BH at December 15, 2005 12:30 PM