« AAR CEO Goldberg: less comedy, more Mark Green | Main | Al Franken mocks a legless Vietnam veteran »

December 02, 2005

Does Janeane Garofalo need a booster seat?

janeane garofalo needs a booster seat

The bus stop at Sunset and Fountain on the far eastern edge of Hollywood features the ad you see above. As I drove by it all I could think of is "Janeane Garofalo is almost that short. I wonder if she'd be a borderline case for having to drive with a booster seat?"

I really don't know why I thought that.

Of course, I also wondered exactly why the fuck the U.S. government has so much free time on its hands that it can create a whole site dedicated just to promulgating the news that anyone below 4'9" needs a booster seat. Will government inspectors begin flagging down motorists to check? Don't they have better things to do?

UPDATE: I try to answer the eternal question: Is Janeane Garofalo a lesbian? I also offer ways that Janine Garrofalo can get the help she needs.

Posted in Janeane at December 2, 2005 05:17 AM

Comments

Hey, you know I love this website, but was that F-bomb really necessary? Actually, this whole segment is a bit of a waste. Check back in when she says something stupid again. Shouldn't have to wait that long.

Posted by: Scott at December 2, 2005 10:09 AM

Every day I find another moronic right-wing blog to look at. When I do, I marvel at how stupid it is, and I thank God that I'm not a right-wing dickweed. Today that blog is yours, and that right-wing dickweed is you.

Posted by: Roger M. Simon at December 3, 2005 05:56 AM

Gee, that was enlightening. That's okay, I like to visit the Huffington Post and Newshounds and mix it up with them. I do my best to actually debate the issues instead of simply calling people d***weeds. I would do the same thing over at Indymedia or Democratic Blunderground, but they just censor the postings they disagree with, because the radical left doesn't believe in freedom of speech.

Posted by: Scott at December 3, 2005 10:19 AM

Keep on projecting there Scott.

Posted by: Webster Hubble Telescope at December 3, 2005 11:58 AM

Wow. Janine Garafolo is short. I guess that shows how incompetent she is, eh? I don't know how the feds will find time to check her height, they'll be tied up at the library checking on what books Americans read.

Posted by: Greg at December 15, 2005 08:42 PM

Um, does the BoosterSeat.gov site say anything about stopping cars and monitoring conformance? No. If research shows that injury is caused by some things (and not others), what do you want done? Isn't it a reasonable job of government to publicize that info? If not them, then who?

And, assuming you're a libertarian type, you might want to look into the history of mandatory seat belt and motorcycle helmet laws. Insurance companies were major drivers there. Seems they didn't like paying out big bucks when they could have saved a bundle of dollars (and customers). So they helped influence government, along with state police who were tired of scraping gore off the asphalt, and other do-gooder types.

Posted by: bingo-j at December 19, 2005 05:57 AM

You people need to get a friggin life. Your obsession with Jeananne is scary. May see someone. Seriously.

Posted by: Coling at September 24, 2006 09:04 PM