« Air America gets props on year end lists | Main | Air America Nashville? »

January 03, 2006

KXXT: Air America doing a reverse Phoenix

Rumor has it that KXXT, Air America's outlet in Phoenix, has been sold to a Christian broadcaster. Therefore, that station will almost immediately be conducting a long-overdue exorcism and Randi, Al, Janeane, Mike, and the rest of the gang will be going off the dry, hot air.

But, compared to some of their other programming, the national AAR crew are moderate.

Others who will be presumably bidding adieu include the dynamic duo of Al Sharpton protege Jarrett B. Maupin II and his dad, who co-host Issues & Answers. They were last featured here in "RevGate: Air America Phoenix co-host arrested". RevGate is the "forgotten" AAR scandal involving Al Sharpton being driven away from a Cindy Sheehan photo-op and the car he was in getting stopped for speeding. Maupin senior was allegedly driving the car.

The BoreAmerica crew wishes them well in their future endeavors, and hopes that they keep in touch.

Another show that's leaving the air is "Scores and Odds", which would appear to be a betting show. I won't even link to their site since it appears a bit dodgy to me.

Even better, the Truth to Power Hour, featuring Kyrsten Sinema and her co-host, Jeff "No neck" Farias will apparently be leaving the airwaves. Sinema is not only an Arizona State legislator, she's quite a piece of work with a clear pro-illegal immigration agenda.

We at BoreAmerica are deeply saddened to hear this sad, sad, ever-so-sad news, but we look forward to monitoring their show in shortwave or public access cable TV or something.

Posted in Meta at January 3, 2006 11:54 PM

Comments

An exorcism, huh? Well, I don't know if any of the AAR hosts have actually vomited on the air, but we do know one of them had bladder problems in Palm Beach. That might be a sign of demon possession.

Posted by: Scott at January 4, 2006 09:57 PM

Uh bye bye...and good riddance to bad rubbish!

Posted by: Randi Sucks at January 5, 2006 05:31 PM

I hope they get picked up at a powerful FM news / talk outlet in Phoenix. AAR - - you will be missed here.

Posted by: Stanley at January 5, 2006 06:13 PM

Monitoring Air America...............hmmmm..why?
I think I'll listen more. They must be saying something important.

Posted by: Carole at January 21, 2006 03:45 PM

I hope Air America is picked up again in the valley,The truth is hard to find on right wing radio.Good luck You'll be missed.

Posted by: Cathouse at January 24, 2006 10:16 PM

I can't believe they have taken Air America away from Phoenix!!! I hope we will be able to find the location it is picked up....Surely it WILL be.

Marilyn

Posted by: Marilyn Van Royen at March 2, 2006 01:52 PM

It does not surprise me that Phoenix now has yet another "Christian" broadcasting station, but do we need it? Heck no! I would like to hear truth about what is really going on around me, not preaching. I miss Charles Goyette and I am fed up with the repressive right, who hide behind Christianity to justify their views. Hopefully, AAR will come back twice as strong with a radio station who will remain steadfast in airing real truths and who won't sell out to "save their souls" (or sell them to the devil)!

Posted by: Tammy Bevins at March 11, 2006 11:29 PM

I posted a comment here last night regarding if we really needed another "Christian" station in Phoenix (resounding "NO")....however, at the end of the post, a little message popped up that "someone" would be previewing my post and determine if it was going to be used??? I thought I could comment here, since it is an open forum and I used no profanity, however, checking tonight, I show my prior post is indeed not posted, so I thought I'd try again. I will miss AAR and I don't wish another "Christian" station on the air in Phoenix. Let's see if this post makes the cut.

[BA responds: you have nothing to worry about. I've just installed special software from the National Spam Assocation which verifies comments and does other things like that. I doubt whether you even saw such a message. Now, seriously, thinking back, are you absolutely you saw such a message? Or, could you just have confused it with some other site? There, I thought so! The problem is solved, and all AAR listeners should just forget what Tammy said, since it no longer applies to her or to you. Comment away!]

Posted by: Tammy Bevins at March 12, 2006 09:55 PM