* We stand for clean water, clean air, reduced emissions, alternative fuels - we don’t cater to the special interest groups that claim there is no global warming, groups that pay no windfall taxes on shameful oil profits or refuse to pay their fair share of royalty taxes on land owned by you and me. We do, however, cater to special interest groups, especially if they're "of color". We fully support racial power groups, just as long as they're of the right races...
* We stand for a free and unbiased media - not one controlled by the Far Right and big business; not a public media that calls for balance or bias rather than truth. We also can't stand lies. And, since what we say is the truth, if someone disagrees they're lying and they need to be silenced.
* We stand for quality public education from early childhood through college - not vouchers to support private schools and the ultimate destruction of Head Start and public education, as well as reductions in grants, loans, and federal funding for all levels of education. We also support taking discounted college educations away from U.S. citizens and giving them to illegal aliens...
* We stand for cooperation among nations - not isolationism; not "either agree with us or you’re our enemy". Some might even call us "transnational progressives" and useful idiots for anti-American forces like Hugo Chavez or like the globalists. Guilty as charged.
* We stand for helping the poor, the underprivileged, the handicapped, the sick, the disabled - not cutting off funds to eliminate important programs for those who cannot help themselves. Especially if they're "of color".
* We stand for a safe nation with safe borders and ports - not a nation that sells our ports to other countries, scapegoats entire ethnic group, and spies on its own people. Of course, we also support millions of illegal aliens coming over our borders, but we'd rather not discuss that issue...
* We stand for the rights of women, minorities, gays, lesbians, ethnic, racial, and religious groups, all of whom contribute to the great diversity of this country - not censorship, restrictions, uniformity, and conformity. Sure, some might say we believe in corporate pluralism, group identity, and destroying the cultural adhesion that binds Americans together. Once again, guilty as charged.
* We stand for fairness in the labor market - not corporate profits by reducing jobs and cutting benefits; not corporate pay that is 400% higher than the average worker. Of course, if serf labor employers want to bring in millions of illegal aliens to drive down American wages, that's OK with us.
Posted in StuartSmalley at February 28, 2006 09:48 PM
So it's whiteness that makes America great? Wow that's sad? Think of how many of our great presidents had slaves, and had kids with their slaves - by your logic then we were screwed to begin with. Heck the moment we set foot in North America we were doomed - The Native Americans were already here - and the Mexicans had been here as well. Didn't we fight a bloody war to get that land? Oh yeah, we fought bloody wars to get all of our land. We're okay, but we're not great.
Posted by: P.W. at March 1, 2006 10:24 AM
Yay! Liberal talk is dead in Phoenix!
Posted by: stench at March 1, 2006 02:37 PM
Another Franken belief: "We believe in telling everybody that Fox News' Brit Hume is an a##hole who is m#####f###ing shameless."
Posted by: Scott at March 2, 2006 06:04 PM
By the way, we've decided to take a trick from the Dems playbook, and have stopped going to movies. Why subsidize an industry devoted to pressing the hard left Democratic agenda?
Pass it on.....
Posted by: Boycot at March 3, 2006 07:33 AM
ummm. Perhaps you did not know the vast majority of the 'Mexican' lands were not theirs. They stole them from Spain. Some Americans bought the whole shootin match from a drunk Mex general for $5000 and a barrel of whiskey.
Not unlike Sewards Folley, n'est pas?
Posted by: doc sauvage at March 7, 2006 08:00 AM
Air America is back in Phoenix am 1480.
That's what happens when a station is lost, not because of lack of ratings, but because someone was trying to shut up people with differing views.
I am not even a Democrat, but in your face, you freedom hating jerk. :)
Posted by: Lisa at April 7, 2006 04:33 PM
Monitoring Air America Radio [TM] so you don't have to.