« Why Ned Lamont is a member of the Fantasy Democratic Party | Main | Air America back in Phoenix on KPHX-AM (1480) »

March 22, 2006

Al Franken to debate Ann Coulter at press-free event

If Ann Coulter debates Al Franken and kicks his arse back to Minnesota and there are no reporters or blogger-reporters around to hear it, does Al Franken make a sound as he contemplates throwing a chair or something?

On Monday, March 27, Al and Ann will be debating in Los Angeles. However, it appears to be part of a series and the series costs $225. And, my request for a press pass - accompanied with the URL to this site - was met with this terse reply:

Sorry we do not have press at our events.

Could that be one of the reasons that Al agreed to the debate? Will there be AAR-friendly press there and I was just refused because I'm on Al's do-not-invite-to-debates list?

And, will we ever know just how badly Ann Coulter makes Stuart look?

Posted in StuartSmalley at March 22, 2006 09:34 PM

Comments

Are you kidding me?!

Ann Coulter, I'm sorry, couldn't debate her way out of a wet paper bag. She really isn't very bright and tends to fall apart at public events.

HA!

And honestly... the "real" news has better things to worry about than a debate between a pair of "news-celebrities". The bloggers, however, I'm sure will be blogging in on the situation. It's not Franken and Air America that hides from the press it's our non-president and his cronies that ditch, dodge, and lie at every opportunity.

Bush's Media Blame Game

Posted by: Kodjoe at March 23, 2006 08:48 AM

A Prediction:

Air America will be around long after this stupid site folds!

Posted by: Ray at March 25, 2006 08:08 PM

It apprears, that Off-air-America is loosing their affiliate in Atlanta. Please see the Radio Equalizer, here:

//Vic

Posted by: Vic at March 26, 2006 11:21 PM

I'd say Atlanta could go either way. The new owner is a fellow who bought a station and broadcast bird chirps and other odd noises on it for several years. What would be so odd about him keeping Air America?

Posted by: dopey at March 27, 2006 12:17 AM

Seems like somebody is a little defensive or threatened by Air America Radio. Perhaps FEAR is starting to take hold in their RED hearts.

And regarding the allowed press at tonights Universal Ampitheatre debate, it seems to me Air America is doing nothing less than what GW Bush himself does at his staged town hall meetings. Hell, he doesn't even debate.

Vicente

Posted by: Vicente Bush at March 27, 2006 10:19 AM

What a bunch of fools. AirHead America is going down the toilet as fast as WE can FLUSH IT. Now you Moron Lefties have Alec BALDwin jumping on your bandwagon and pulling you down even faster. As for the debate between Al Frankenstein & Ann Coulter, she will eat him up and spit him out every chance she gets. You Liberals need to get over it ( Gore & Kerrys loss to BUSH ). The counts were in and checked. Bush won and that is all there is to it. AirHead America is one of the most lying lefty stations on the radio and won't be around by next Spring.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 27, 2006 04:38 PM

Ann chew up & spit out Al? Oh, well, I guess she could spew her hateful rhetoric at him and he could get frustrated dealing with someone of such low intellect.

Oh, yes, us "lefties" are so scared right now. YOUR wonderful president has sank this nation into red ink so far, we are scared. His approval ratings are sure to get us back in control in the fall elections.. well, unless the voting machines are rigged again.

Posted by: Lisa at March 27, 2006 06:18 PM

Air America is growing almost as fast as the chimperor's approval numbers are sinking....ALMOST!

Republican Hypocrisy Revealed

Posted by: Osama bin bu$h at March 27, 2006 06:22 PM

Dear Lisa, pull your head out of your ASS. There was never any voting machines rigged, if so, prove it! I realize that Bush's ratings are at an all time low, but can you blame him when he has a senate that is full of jerks like Kennedy(murderer, drunk) Kerry(French wannabe, living off his wifes money) Byrd(ex KKK, fool). Franken is, was, a supposed comedian hasbeen that can't keep a job as opposed to Ann Coulter (Lawyer of strong degree). Her intellect is by far much greater than Al's. Watch him run and hide........
As for Osama Bin Bu$h's remark, AAR is going down fast, you're just in denial, and don't want to admit it, as Al would say, what a schmuck.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 27, 2006 07:19 PM

Uh, West Coast...

President Bush has a Senate with a GOP majority. So I guess he does have a Senate full of jerks.

Posted by: ovidsen at March 27, 2006 07:39 PM

west coast,
When all else fails and You can't prove Lisa, I or others wrong you resort to name calling and insults. Way to make Your point! Anyway You slice it bu$h is toast! while Air America (and Liberal radio in general) is growing...Why is that? Could it be the stink of corruption/failure that's spreading throughout the GOP?

Care to comments on this:
Republican Hypocrisy Revealed

Posted by: Osama bin bu$h at March 27, 2006 08:24 PM

Can't we all just get along?

Posted by: Mikey Moderate at March 27, 2006 08:26 PM

AAR is NOT GROWING and that is a fact. They can't even get sponsors to pay their way. Stink and corruption runs on both sides, and this is Bush's final term so how can you say he's toast? What are you hiding from? WE are fighting a war of terrorists here and abroad, something the democrats would would never do. You lefties should be ashamed of yourselves for protesting at funerals for our fallen soldiers here at home. You are the lowest form of chickens. It's obvious you've never put on a military uniform for your country, or is this your country? As toward name calling, I guess you really don't listen that well to your liberal friends on the radio when they talk, cause every other word out of their mouths is a derogitive name towards the right, so in essence I am following through with the same demeanor ( an eye for an eye ).

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 28, 2006 03:28 AM

If you practice an eye for an eye, then you wind up with a blind world... (paraphrased from Ghandi) The state of communications in the world is dominated by the electronic media in its entirety, yet there are no demographic monoliths to which names like "American" or "Muslim" or even "Terrorist" or "righteous" can be assigned. Consider the ending of "Crimson Tide" and the overall judgement that boths "sides" were "right". The only saving grace of the conflict was that an unneeded act had been averted and the authority that ultimately determined whether the act was unneeded (the actions of the physically absent Russian antagonist) was out of both the players' hands and factual awarenesss. Perhaps the lesson is that in desperation, it's best to opt for communication and a little luck. Maybe behind it all, Franken and Coulter are like Andy Kaufman and that wrestler guy who bounced him on his head and slapped him on teevee... and maybe Al is Stuart-screw-loose and Ann is Adam's-Appled- Altered and its all a come-on for a Constitutional Amendment against Interpolitical Marriage... I mean God (Allah... Yahweh... Alloyeh!)-help the children of a such a union.... Liberatives! Conservabels!

Posted by: David Albert at March 28, 2006 10:12 AM

I went to the debate last night. Ann did very badly. I was expecting better from her. She was nervous and rambling and said too many really offensive things. The crowd booed her so loudly after her offensive remarks that we could not hear her.

Franken challenged her to address quite a few issues. She refused to answer any of it. In all, she made herself look really bad and I can't see why anybody would ever take her seriously or read any of her books.

Franken actually came off as quite charming, funny and caring. Whatever you think of his politics, you have to admire anyone who would go on that many USO tours.

Score: Liberals 1 Conservatives 0

Posted by: moderate me at March 28, 2006 11:02 AM

"WE are fighting a war of terrorists here and abroad, something the democrats would would never do."... Not true. Democrats EQUALLY SUPPORT the fight against terrorists. Bush Co is doing a horrible job of fighting terrorists. His generals on the ground in Iraq have been ignored from the beginning. He seriously underestimated what was necessary for reconstruction. Though he was warned, he blew it off as he does most things. Now, he's created a breeding ground for terrorists. His invasion into that country in the name of terrorism has been suspect from the beginning. And speaking of military service, he & Cheney are both dodgers of service. Had we gotten Kerry, we would have a true veteran in office now.

You absolutely cannot say that democrats don't support fighting terror just because they don't believe in the way that Bush is doing it. Mr. Fly-by-the-Seat-of-his-Pants Bush.

Posted by: Lisa at March 28, 2006 11:40 AM

The website name ...

I mean, shouldn't it at least rhyme with "AIR America?" You just want to bore America with your website? I would say Mission Accomplished except I don't think anyone really knows this site exists.

Perhaps a more catchy title would help? Call the RNC, perhaps they will donate to your "website title selection committee" if you ask them nice and drop Nathan Tabor's name.

Posted by: Cheeses at March 28, 2006 01:59 PM

David Albert-

I've often wondered the same thing. That maybe all of the outbursts that Franken, O'Reilly, Coulter, Rhodes, etc. are all in it together in a conspiracy to boost ratings and sell books.

Posted by: Mikey Moderate at March 28, 2006 06:10 PM

OK, now I'm channeling west coast
"You liberal poopy heads...boo hoo hoo! Hey, dummycrats Stop questioning our brainless leader we are at war! Terra, terra, terra! wha wha wha (And My all time favorite) "we are fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" (ILMAO, That one kills Me!) And when all else fails and your grasping at straws, You (right on que) question someone patriotism just as Chickenhawk OXYrush, faux news etc. instructed you to! Try thinking for yourself some time! That tripe is getting old & the sheeple are catching on to junior & co's crimes! You've been had and that's what truly scares/angers you!!!

I'm done with this lame site but I hope you wake up, turn off faux snooze, drug rush limpballs etc. and try thinking for yourself....come on don't be scared Your a tuff guy!

B.T.W. I'm still wait for you to comment on this:

(Que the Crikets) chirp...chirp...chirp...

Posted by: Osama bin bu$h at March 29, 2006 02:24 AM

Remember how it use to be Cowboys and Indians? Wel now it's Cowboys and Terrorists. Come out Come out from wherever you are...........

We found Saddam, we WILL find Osama some day, if he's not already DEAD. Nothing angers me, except the moronic ideas and values that you lefties think of. Nothing scares me, nothing, except people like you out on the loose flapping your gums, but again, nothing is coming out. Oh yeah, junior and co./crimes, what President besides REAGAN did not commit crimes? Yes, I listen from time to time to Rush, Hannity, but I also listen to AAR just to hear what the OTHERSIDE has to say, and as far as I am concerned, all I hear is whining day after day after day without any solutions, why is that, oh I forgot, jellyfish don't have brains.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 29, 2006 06:15 PM

By the way, I checked out your armchair subversive site, what a crock of shit, is that the best you can do? I guess people like Marion Barry (DEMOCRAT, cokehead,braindead drug addict), Ted hick-up Kennedy (Democrat, Drunk, Murderer,Bill,I did not have sex with that person Clinton ( EX-President, child molestor,is the kind of people you like? For every 1 Republican that site offers, there are ten Democrats with the same resumes. Wanna bet? Watch out for Black helecopters, and oh yeah, adjust your tin foil hat, it's a little crooked.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 29, 2006 06:28 PM

Wow! Tin foil hat! How original. Did you come up with that one all by yourself?

Mr WestCoast, hope you are down south, that way you can go see Duke Cuningham on visiting day.

Posted by: Culture of Corruption at March 29, 2006 07:38 PM

Hey CULTure, I will e-mail Duke from my computer that was invented by Al Gore, remember that one? Momma says, stupid is as stupid does.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 30, 2006 02:52 AM

And you should know!

BTW, you mentioned before that for every sleazy republican there are 10 worse sleazy democrats. Can you name any democratic congress people that have received longer prison sentences than the Dukester?

Also Gore never claimed he invented the internet. That was a lie started by the drug addict draft dodger whose been divorced 3 times, that's right, the man you idolize, Rush Limbaugh.

What did Bu$h ever do before he had a midlife crisis and decided to get into politics? He got into a number of failed busineses using his family name and connections. Somehow though he always seemed to cash out his shares right before the stock tanked and left others holding the bag. Look into Harkin Energy for one but example.

Posted by: Buckshot Cheney at March 30, 2006 10:09 AM

Hey, Buckshot do you talk about AL Gore and Standard Oil? Didn't think so.

Posted by: AlGoreislostintheWoods at March 30, 2006 03:00 PM

Sorry Buckshit, but I do not idolize Rush, but will always Idolize REAGAN. Look things up on the internet, you might find some interesting stuff like, Most of Bush's prior business dealings, he made LARGE amounts of money in their sales prior to them tanking. That's business. Rush did not start that rumor about Gore inventing the internet, Gore did, in a speech in silicon valley. As for naming a democrat that has served longer terms in prison, give me some time to research it, i'm sure to come up with something, but i'll tell you this, Ted Kennedy should have been given a life sentence without the possibility of parole for the MURDER he committed, leaving the seen of a crime, and of course, BEING A DRUNK all of his life. But look how he got away with it all, his family has MONEY, and money will buy anything, right? The only job Teddy has ever had is what he is doing now, he does not know how to relate to the common person. Keep on feeding me your issues and I will reply. I totally agree with you that Bush needs something to get himself out of the mess he's in, but can you amagine what kind of stink Kerry would have us in, I can. Remember Jimmy Carter days or are you old enough? Mortgage rates @ 21%, Rationing of gasoline, etc. I can see it now, we can only buy Heinz Catsup cause Kerry and Co. found that the other brands were lower standard compared to his wifes Co.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 30, 2006 06:12 PM

Hey Buckshot, I started to do some homework and look what I found, Oh my gosh. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Got to go now, got to go find more sleeze on the Democratic party. This is fun.

Posted by: WestCoastRepublican at March 30, 2006 06:25 PM