« Vote: Air America's new "New York City" home | Main | Air America's OK! »

March 10, 2006

Not all Air America listeners are terrorists!

From this:
A San Diego County woman is suing her former employer, accusing her manager of firing her on the spot when she saw the woman's car had a bumper sticker advertising a progressive talk radio station.

The suit also alleges that, after seeing the sticker, the employer commented that the woman could be a member of al-Qaida...

According to Laroca's suit, the bumper sticker in question read only: "1360 Air America Progressive Talk Radio."

Posted in Meta at March 10, 2006 10:19 AM

Comments

The leaders of the regressive party are great at keeping their mindless followers afraid, Gay Marriage, "War on Christmas" etc, etc, etc. That is how they control them.

Posted by: 1 left at March 10, 2006 12:52 PM

I love how the libs believe this story without a shread of evidence other than a statement made by a woman looking to make money from a lawsuit.

If she's like most of the losers who listen to Air America, she probably got fired for being a lazy, bigmouth, incompetant, a-hole.

From what I understand, those are legit reasons for letting someone go.

Posted by: Brett at March 10, 2006 09:17 PM

Seems like a scheme the greedy greedy desperate
frauds at Air America planned-to get media attention. They just will not stop asking everybody & anybody for money- so they can keep stuffing their pockets. OINK!OINK!OINK!

Posted by: Jason Brown at March 11, 2006 05:40 AM

Brett, you're going to look really stupid when a jury awards her big $$$$$. But looking, and acting stupid is nothing new on your side, as current pols suggest. Hey! better turn on the TV, it's time for Fox to do a 2 hour "War on St. Patricks Day" special.

Jason, why are you so afraid of free enterprise? I thought getting rich was what this great country is all about? Oh yeah, you guys believe in getting rich the old fashioned way, by buying off the government. Another hypocrit!

Nothing new here......more of the same heritage foundation talking points. Instead of getting your panties in a bunch over Air America, gay marriage, War on Christmas, why don't you put your energy into forcing your leaders to take on some problems the public cares about. Then maybe, just maybe, people might start trusting you guys again....It's worth a try!!!

Posted by: 1 left at March 11, 2006 06:48 AM

Seems like most of the supporters of Bore America are against Air America for the simple fact that they present the "other side" i.e. an opposing viewpoint. However, I have not seen a legitimate posting regarding why it is so wrong to have an opposing viewpoint, since that is the cornerstone of debate in a democracy, which is at the heart of a democracy. Instead of citing intelligent reasons for their beliefs, I have read a lot of postings on how AAR listeners are "losers", "lazy", "big-mouthed", "incompentent" "a-holes." Hardly a debate, as it makes me think that those persons are not intelligent enough to be able to come up with reasonable, well-thought-out, and truthful insights on why all AAR listeners are wrong in their beliefs. Total waste of an intelligent person's time to respond, unless that person wishes to incite some real debate! Any Bore America (yawn) supporters up to the task? (Sarcasm included in this message, in case you missed it).

Posted by: Tammy Bevins at March 12, 2006 12:02 AM

Amen Tammy!

Posted by: Davis at March 12, 2006 06:24 AM

I had never heard of Air America, until I stumbled on this site. I've been listening for a week now, and I think that Air America is BRILLIANT. I'm so happy to have discovered it! Thanks for spreading the word. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: New Listener at March 12, 2006 07:39 AM

Tammy,

You hit the nail on the head! The regressives who post in this site for the most part are only capable of parroting the same stale dittohead talking points.

All of the true intellectual conservatives have bailed off the sinking neocon ship long ago.

Posted by: sparky at March 12, 2006 10:07 AM

Posted by: Tammy Bevins at March 12, 2006 12:02 AM

Yeah, Tammy, there so few places where liberals can make their case. You never see liberals on television, in the print media, and in that bastion of conservative thought, hollywood.

I have no problem with hearing all sides of the story. In fact, the radio morning show to which I listen is "The Curtis & Kuby show." No one is confusing leftwing civil rights attorney Ron Kuby with Pat Buchanan.

The reason for the conservative hostility towards Air America is that AAR trumpeted itself as the sledgehammer that was going to smash the conservative lock on talk radio.

It hasn't happened. AAR has been a bust. No ratings. No breakout stars vis a vis the liberal Rush Limbaugh. They've had to pay stations to air its programming, and, lastly, it's been a money pit kept alive by liberal sugar daddies.

But rather than be honest and admit that AAR has been at the very least a disappointed. Liberals have tried to put a silk hat on a pig with lie after lie about well AAR is doing.

And as far as accepting opposing viewpoints, I dare you to go to an AAR blog and express an opinion that goes against the grain. I don't care how polite you are. You'll get shouted down and called childish names.

The bottom line is that AAR talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk.

Posted by: Brett at March 12, 2006 09:23 PM

Brett,

You missed the central point. Most of the people who post here are spastic only because someone is trying to air a different viewpoint. I think this point is well taken.

I've listened to AAR a lot and didn't ever hear them say they were going to drive right wing radio off the air. They know it is a longshot and have stated it repeatedly. Maybe they make it, maybe they don't. In my opinion there is room for their schtick just as well as the right's schtick. As far as the urban myth of the "liberal media conspiracy", yes there are liberals out there, but there are also conservatives too. I would encourage you to read "The Republican Noise Machine". You may not agree with all of it, however I think there is more than a grain of substance there.

As far as it being kept alive by left wing sugar dadies, it's called VENTURE CAPITAL. In case you weren't aware, someone with extra money INVESTS some of that money in a startup business with the hope they will someday make a PROFIT. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Taking risks is the cornerstone of our economy. I've heard O'Reilly going on and on about Soros, another one of his false arguments. Little wonder they pulled his plug here in Denver. (not sure, but I think Franken actually did better)

On your accepting of other viewpoints on AAR websites, I would probably agree with much of your statement. But I would add this: The right wing talk shows have been demonizing and villifying anyone who doesn't follow on with their agenda for over a decade. Frankly, I'm pissed off and want to give them a taste of their own medicine. I hope AAR is around a long while to git'er'done!

Thank you for keeping a civil tone in your post!

Posted by: Chris at March 13, 2006 07:59 AM

If one listens to the interview of LaLOCA,anyone with 1/2 a brain would automatically think-her boss was probably joking around. LaLOCA said-"She was walking away and she said-your fired." (And her boss most likley had a smile on her face.) When a employee is fired, the employer just does not walk away and say YOUR FIRED, AND LEAVE THE EMPLOYEE STANDING THERE DUMBSTRUCK. AND THE DESPERATE HYPOCRITES (IN NEED OF ANY TYPE OF ATTENTION) at Air America KNOW THAT TO BE THE CASE. Yet,they are exploiting this NON STORY over and over. I'm a liberal who can't stand Air America because of their arrested develpoment and HYPOCRISY. Rachel Maddow and Tom Hartman are the only 2 hosts that are genuine. The rest are front running phonies with out of control egos, whose bottom line is taking other peoples money. Anyone with 1/8 of a brain can see right through them. And that is the reason why they have crappy ratings!!!

Posted by: Jason Brown at March 13, 2006 02:50 PM

I had a boss tell me I was fired several years ago, but he was drunk as a skunk at the time. So I showed up for work the next day. Seriously, I don't know what to make of this story. Don't really care that much, either.

Posted by: Scott at March 13, 2006 08:43 PM