« Danny Goldberg leaving Air America Radio | Main | Janeane Garofalo: clear and purified! »

April 05, 2006

Ann Coulter won Al Franken debate

I'm going to guess that Al Franken got his arse kicked in the recent debate with Ann Coulter, based only on his side of the story. If Al had won the debate, I'm sure there would have been a bit more triumphalism from ever-classy Al.

UPDATE: A supposed first-hand account of what went on backstage before the debate from Ann Coulter's bodyguard:
Since none of that was true, Coulter told the rabbis she NOW wanted to go first. Franken threw a temper tantrum, leaping from his chair and screaming that he HAD to go first.

...Franken crazily screamed for a good ten minutes, repeatedly leaping from his chair and screaming that he HAD to go first. Franken's wife also piped in that he should go first.

Coulter was calm and remained seated throughout Franken's hysterics, but when asked by the rabbis if it was okay with her that Franken went first she again said, no, she wanted to speak first.

Things were going nowhere since both of them wanted to go first, so one rabbi suggested a coin toss, but Franken again leapt from his chair screaming "NO COIN TOSS! I'M GOING FIRST!" he said he was going first and he'd clear up during his presentation that Coulter hadn't been a b----...

Posted in StuartSmalley at April 5, 2006 08:28 PM

Comments

Air America might not be the greatest but it is a great start. How many years have the righties been dominating the air waves with their bull....20 plus years? When Hannity, Rush and rest of those blowhards bow out maybe we won't need an Air America.

One thing that the righties really hate is competition. Now that the lies and bs of Bush and his henchman is out there for all to see the right is on it's heels and scared. You can lie to the American people for so long but when they take notice it is so long to you. Air America, crude as it has been at times, has opened eyes and now the right will pay the piper. So post that ding-dong

Posted by: edward at April 6, 2006 06:52 PM

Ann Coulter now has a home not far from me in Fla. The Islanders don't care whom they sell to anymore!

Posted by: charlotte silverman at April 6, 2006 08:19 PM

I'm right behind you edward, I used to think I was anti-American, but after listening to Air America and hearing politcal news that wasn't from the right, I realize I'm anti-Republican. AIR AMERICA FOREVER!

Posted by: infinitepi at April 10, 2006 07:18 PM

Just because Al Franken is a cry baby bitch doesnt mean you guys have to act that way too.

Posted by: willie at April 13, 2006 01:37 AM

I was at the debate. Ann Coulter REALLY DID lose, if you can call it that. I left feeling sorry for her and that was hard for me to do.

She said numerous offensive things, wouldn't answer Al's charges, rambled on incoherently... etc.

I can't imagine why anyone would take her seriously. She is pure bile and makes a living from being divisive.

Posted by: margie at April 15, 2006 11:06 PM

I was at the debate. Ann won before setting foot on the stage. Franken made a fool of himself. It was sad because he babbled like the fool he is.

Posted by: Bobarker at April 16, 2006 06:58 AM

I was not at the debate. And I don't care. I'm not a fan of either Al or Ann.

Posted by: Scott at April 16, 2006 05:29 PM

Bobarker, I really doubt you were at the debate. If you were and actually listened, then you are very deluded. The text of Franken's opening remarks can be found here:

He was both funny and direct, pointing out numerous instances where Coulter had been wrong and repugnant, like her "joke" about poisoning Justice Stevens.

You right wingers need to find a better role model than the pin-up girl of hate.

Posted by: margie at April 17, 2006 08:27 PM