Chair botherer and alleged comedian Al Franken has a political action committee completely inappropriately named the "Midwest Values PAC". Now we've learned that it's raised around a half a million dollars, mostly from a ragged collection of Hollywood lefties:
* Larry David (apparently has a cable TV show; wife opposes global warming while flying on chartered jet)
* Barbra Streisand (singer/political strategist/crack speller)
* Nora Ephron (writer/director/name sounds like Greek for 'kidney')
* Jimmy Smits (actor/new president of U.S. in the "liberal" alternate universe)
* Larry Hagman (J.R.)
* Christopher Guest (director?)
* Barry Levinson (?)
* Harold Ramis (second least talented former SCTV member)
* Aaron Sorkin (crack television writer)
* Ron Bass (related to Lance?)
According to Laurie David's husband:
"Al is a friend of mine, so more than anything, when friends ask me to do things, I have a hard time saying no to people... If he asked me to drive him to the airport, I'd do that too."
Posted in StuartSmalley at July 28, 2006 10:52 PM
AAR is so bad, you can't even get a good hate blog going on them. Their ratings are undetectable in most markets, and shrinking fast.
Even in a city with one of the largest public universities in the world, Rush gets an 8.2 to AlF's 1.4.
Thanks for monitoring them for us. If they ever actually do anything of note, let us know.
Posted by: Bill at July 29, 2006 07:23 AM
Monitoring Air America Radio [TM] so you don't have to.