« Marconi radio awards: biased against Air America? | Main | Janeane Garofalo: Bill O'Reilly put me in estrus »

September 23, 2006

Air America loses Dallas-Fort Worth station (KXEB)

If you're a progressive researcher, red flashing lights will go on in your brain and a siren will go off as you read one key word in the following and not just for the usual reasons:
It appears that Air America, the liberal talk-radio network, won't be on the air much longer in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Guadalupe Radio Network, a Midland-based Catholic broadcasting company, has announced on its Web site that it will take over two Dallas-Fort Worth stations as of Oct. 1: KXEB/910 AM, which is Air America's Dallas-Fort Worth station, and KJON/850 AM. Guadalupe Radio will broadcast in English on KXEB and in Spanish on KJON.
Midland? Midland??? You mean Bush's "real hometown"? You mean the hometown of Laura Bush? Why, it surely must be a coincidence! Yes, yes, I'm sure it is... Yes, I'm really, really sure.

The change will take place on October 1; this site directs us to the homepage of the NeoCon Catholic group that's buying the stations.

From the first report:
It didn't debut in Dallas-Fort Worth until March 2005, and it never really registered in the local Arbitron ratings. Coincidentally, Al Franken: God Spoke, a documentary featuring Air America's best-known host, is scheduled to open Sept. 29 at Dallas' Angelika Film Center -- two days before Guadalupe Radio takes over KXEB.
Perhaps Al Franken could lead a crusade or something to keep the FCC from approving the buyout.

OPCEN AUTH 24: C&C 2A; GW, GW

Posted in Meta at September 23, 2006 02:44 AM

Comments

hey they're giving tickets away to see Al Gore speak on their last day as an AAR station!

Posted by: raccoonradio at September 23, 2006 08:33 PM

I tried to listen to Air America here in Dallas, really I did. However, during my evening commute time, it was always what's-her-name with the harsh Brooklyn accent, whining about the corruption/stupidity/general-all-around-evilness of the Bush regime.

Never an amusing sound, never a clever thought, never a positive "Here's what the Democrats are gonna do for you" message.

Nothing to make you want to listen unless you're already one of those who likes to sit by the radio and mutter to yourself.

Posted by: Lokki at September 24, 2006 07:23 AM

I am sick to my stomach. I have listened to Air America programming on KXEB since I discovered in was broadcasting here in March, 2005. I guess this is a site hostile to Air America (not that I will be returning after I post this email) but I find it more than coincidental that religious radio companies are buying up the Air America affiliates. A Christian organization bought the Phoenix affiliate, if I am not mistaken, and now a Catholic outfit buys KXEB. Well, Fox News as the main propaganda wing of the Ruthug Party has lost money ever since it aired. But I guess Rupert Murdoch considers that money well spent since the Senate just voted to destroy habeas corpus and civil liberties in the former United States of America and der fuehrer Bushit will be purchasing America, to be renamed Amerika or the United States of Halliburton, when he signs that fascist legislation into law(lessness). So even if this Catholic outfit loses money, well there is more where that came from. After all, the Pope is a Nazi and the Catholic Church has accumulated vast wealth over the almost 2,000 years it has promulgated the myth of Christianity and I guess it's theirs to spend how they choose. Too bad they choose to support fascism just as they did when Hitler rose to power.

Just know that I will not be listening to KXEB after Sept. 30, if Air America is no longer on.

Posted by: Bill at September 29, 2006 07:10 AM

Hey, Bill have ever going to confession over your hate? It may do you some good. It sounds like your sadly ready to send people to gulag who don't agree with you.

Posted by: neohammer at September 29, 2006 04:23 PM

Fox News shows like H&C and O'Reilly are among the highest rated, beating out the likes of CNN--who are now going after that audience with the likes of
Glenn Beck.

>>the Pope is a Nazi

The Pope is a German, and liberals namecall. In '08 there will be another sea of red states (esp. in the South and middle of the country) and another Republican President elected. Dems will then claim the election was stolen...again.

Posted by: raccoonradio at September 30, 2006 07:48 AM

Thank God Randee Rudes is off the air here! I won't miss this Socialist CRAP at all. My hope is that this most liberal wing of the party will altogether fade into obscurity and I can, once again, be proud to vote Democrat! Goodbye and good riddance!

Posted by: Ricky at November 24, 2006 12:50 PM